voire la vie en rose is a French expression that means “to see life in pink” basically implies seeing things better than what they really are.
Sometimes in a bid to make ourselves better, we make certain choices. For example, the belief that buying new a new car, clothes, jewelry, or even getting married will bring you happiness. However, once you have those things, you end up feeling worse off than before. That’s why it’s advisable to see things for what they truly are.
Here are 8 quotes that will aid your quest (and an extra for good measure):
- “Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “The potential for greatness lives within each of us.” – Wilma Rudolph
- “Go into the world and do well. More importantly, go into the world and do good.” – Minor Myers “Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: ‘To rise above the little things.’” – John Burroughs
- “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
- “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Folks are usually about as happy as they make up their minds to be – Abraham Lincoln
- “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
On a note of finality, marinate on “ The Paradoxical Commandments
People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
Love them anyway.
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.
Think big anyway.
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway.
Give the world the best you have and you’ll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.”
― Kent M. Keith, The Silent Revolution: Dynamic Leadership in the Student Council